Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!


here in the Hollow, new years is a quiet affair. We hang as a family with an especially junk foody dinner and watch movies. I can't tell you how funny it was to be in the grocery store with everyone buying caviar and champagne, while I was buying corn dogs and taquitos! New years day is My beloved husbands birthday and the rose parade. Both very special to me!

I have watched the Rose parade for 36 years now religiously. I can remember those early years when I lived in Illinois and Minneapolis, buried under tons of snow and watching sunny california and a mass of flowers. I never dreamed that I would end up living the dream!

as for Greg's Birthday, we used to go to Chinatown every year, but he has been working so much lately that all he wanted was a day at home to putter. The kids and I made him a cake during the commercials and gifted him with a sake set and the gummy coke bottles he has been craving since he was a kid.

A new years birthday is always tough, either you have the crazy new years eve party or it tends to get pushed aside. This year I fell like I got the balance right.

happy new year to you all

I hope it is filled with loads of good things for you and yours

2 comments:

dottyspots said...

Happy New Year to you all and Happy Birthday to your husband :)

maltagirl said...

thank you dotty spots! right back at you!