Tuesday, October 11, 2011

600.00 Grocery Challenge Check In

A day late this week but better than never. We have a house full of sick children which always makes life interesting! The show must go on though right?

This week, I took my whole family with me to do the shopping on Sunday. It was the only way it was going to happen with the boys not feeling well. I will not be doing that again. I like to think, ponder, putter my way through the ethnic market I frequent. It is where I start to make the plans for the next weeks worth of meals. Three children and my lovely husband do not ponder the price of cabbage! Needless to say things made it into the basket that I was just to tired to fight.

Here are the totals for the week:

Farm Box - 33.00

Ethnic Market - 91.00

Trader Joes - 56.83

Weekly total of: 180.83

For a monthly total of: 213.83

Remaining Budget of: 365.17


One thing that has helped a lot has been a loose meal plan. It looks like this:

Monday - Rice of some sort, usually rice and steamed veggies from the farm box
Tuesday - Soup, this is a busy day for us so I need something I can prep in the morning or the
night before
Wednesday - beans or legumes
Thursday - grains
Friday - PIZZA
Saturday - pasta
Sunday - big sit down family dinner, usually meat centered!

Next week, I will post about my food co-op and I promise to keep track of meals and give you lots of yummy photos!

8 comments:

Wow Thinking said...

Good blog, call at Microsoft Support Canada toll free number 1-888-582-4887 for technical support and help if you have any issue with MS account Microsoft Phone Number Canada.

Jharkhand IT Solutions said...

Love This Blog ! thanks for sharing.
SEO Ranchi

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading.
bitdefender support number, kaspersky support number, webroot antivirus support, avast antivirus support, panda antivirus support number, bullguard support number, avira antivirus phone number, trend micro support number

John Smith said...

Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading.
Microsoft Support Canada, Outlook Support Number Canada, Outlook Technical Support Phone Number Canada, Microsoft Outlook Support Canada, Microsoft Phone Number Canada, Windows Technical Support Canada, Microsoft Support Number Canada, Microsoft Support Phone Number Canada, Microsoft Online Support Phone Number Canada, Microsoft Office Support Canada, Outlook Technical Phone Number Canada, Outlook Technical support Number Canada

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading.
Yahoo Support Canada, Yahoo Support Phone Number Canada, Yahoo Contact Number Canada, Yahoo Support Number Canada, Yahoo Online Technical Support Number Canada, Yahoo phone Number Canada, Yahoo password recovery Canada, Yahoo password reset Canada, Yahoo Online Technical Number Canada, Yahoo Online Technical phone Number Canada

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading.
Epson Printer Support Phone Number, Epson Printer technical Support Phone Number, Epson Printer Support Canada, Epson Printer Online Support Canada, Epson Printer Technical Support Canada, Epson Printer Support Number Canada, Epson Printer Help Canada Phone Number, Epson Support Canada Phone Number

Entertainment Lover said...

Only aspire to mention ones content can be as incredible. This clarity with your post is superb and that i may think you’re a guru for this issue. High-quality along with your concur permit me to to seize your current give to keep modified by using approaching blog post. Thanks a lot hundreds of along with you should go on the pleasurable get the job done.

If you want to learn more visit San Antonio petting zoo and animal show venue recognized by Wikipedia,

Entertainment Lover said...

Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work.
If you want to learn more visit San Antonio petting zoo and animal show venue recognized by Wikipedia,